It’s Monday…which means we have a boo at Mascara. This week on the docket was Marcelle’s Ultimate Volume Nano in Blackest Black.
Just so you don’t forget here’s our ground rules again:
- We bought all mascara ourselves (which means nobody is paying us).
- We wear each mascara for 1 week.
- All mascara’s purchased were black, and the darkest black they had available.
- Every Mascara used was put on the exact same way, with only 2 coats and all eye makeup for the pictures was exactly the same.
- That’s it…there are no more rules.
- Wait…maybe one more…the opinion is ours…take it or leave it. Believe it or not. These are just our 2 cents.
Alrighty then…unlike last week’s mascara…I (Kells) liked this one. It’s thick and creamy and a nice dark shade.
So let’s start with the pros:
- The mascara itself is very thick…could also be a con…so it takes a few strokes to get it on just right, but once it’s good…it’s good.
- Nice dark shade. Personally, my rule is the darker the better.
- The wand…at first I wasn’t sold on this little nub of a brush. I actually poked my eye at first. BUT now that I have used it for a week and have gotten used to it, I really like it. The short length helps you get nice and close to the lid and allows you to keep the lashes separate, instead of clumping all together.
- It takes more than 2 coats to get it right. As per rule #4, the pictures shows 2 coats. As per the rest of the week…I needed more pass overs to get it the way I like it (clumpless).
- Small stumpy brush gets some getting used to.
- Marcelle’s website says it gives you curl…but we all know if you don’t have a natural curl or a lash lift, no mascara is going to do that for you.
Would I get this one again? Yup. But let’s be real…who doesn’t try a different mascara when their’s isn’t on sale? Am I right, or am I right? So next time you see this one is on sale and yours isn’t, I say give it a try. Oh and don’t forget to let me know what you think.