Just another Mascara Monday in the books. This week was a new mascara by Covergirl called Peacock Flare.
For a little reminder, I will start with the rules I follow. I’m sure by now (and if you have read the past few weeks) you know them. But just in case, they are as follows:
- We bought all mascara ourselves (which means nobody is paying us).
- We wear each mascara for 1 week.
- All mascara’s purchased were black, and the darkest black they had available.
- Every Mascara used was put on the exact same way, with only 2 coats and all eye makeup for the pictures was exactly the same.
- That’s it…there are no more rules.
- Wait…maybe one more…the opinion is ours…take it or leave it. Believe it or not. These are just our 2 cents.
So what did I think of one of the newest mascara’s launched by Covergirl? Meh. I had high hopes. It’s in a pretty bottle. The brush is easy to hold. And that’s really about it.
First, the brush. Like I said it’s easy to hold, which I highly suggest Covergirl continue to use. However, the brush itself is odd. The nubs (yes, I am calling them nubs) on the brush are short and it’s not totally clear in the pictures I took, but some are super short. According to Covergirls website it’s a “feather-fan brush” that’s supposed to help coat and separate each lash. But not really.
The first few days I really liked the mascara itself. So I was excited about the week of fab lashes thinking I would be walking around with these feather like lashes. Nope! I was let down. Man* does it dry out fast. But the end of the week it was starting to get a little clumpy and needed some finessing to get the lashes right and the clumpies off.
I just read over some of the reviews on Covergirls website. Needless to say, most people agree with my assessment. One person calls the wand bare, and another person compares the mascara to an old dried out mascara. There are people that do love it though…but I wonder if they have changed their mind after using it for a week or longer.
Have you tried this one? What do you think?